Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Summer Book List

I'm no voracious reader, but I see to it that I set aside time for pleasure reading, preferrably a book a month. It really pays to work in a school because I get to read without purchasing things that would take up space in our already (ugh) cramped house.

So far I've read Dan Brown's Deception Point, a nice fast-paced thriller, and Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens. I didn't like the latter, though, because it is too much of a chatterbox. I don't like "talkative" books. Oh, I've also read Neil Gaiman's Wolves in the Walls, a nicely illustrated children's book. So that already makes three books this year.

Over the summer I plan to finish three of Narnia's books: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, and The Horse and His Boy. The rest of the chronicles I will finish when we go back to school this May. Of course, I also borrowed The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle (the giant version that comes with a stuffed caterpillar!) for my little boy to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web site hit counter