Sunday, April 26, 2009

It's green and it's DIY!

I was searching the web for other good uses of baking soda as I bought a box and was going to use it for my laundry, when I stumbled upon another great DIY site. The site's recent posts include homemade cleaning agents such as baking soda and vinegar.

When I went to the US I met a friend who was very sickly and can hardly tolerate chemicals, so she uses a lot of all-natural alternatives: vinegar in the laundry, lemon for dishwashing, olive oil with lemon for wooden furniture. She also uses those big and heavy cast iron pots for cooking. In a country where I thought non-commercial substances were unheard of, it was a relief to have met someone who employs old-fashioned, all-natural and not to mention eco-friendly practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web site hit counter